Essential oils are great for helping repel mosquitoes and other pesky bugs in the Summer months. Here’s a quick and easy way to make your own all-natural bug repellent. I make this for Molly because she has a severe and painful reaction to bug bites! Make sure you’re careful when spraying near your face and keep away from your eyes. Give it a try! And don’t forget, if you already have bug bites, our Sea Buckthorn Balm helps relieve the redness and itching.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 tsp. Carrier Oil (like Avocado Oil or Almond Oil)
- 20 drops Citronella Essential Oil
- 20 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 10 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 10 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 10 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- 2 oz. Distilled Water
- 1 oz. Witch Hazel
- Spray Bottle (4 oz. capacity)
What to do:
Mix all ingredients together and pour into spray bottle. Spray as needed on body. Use caution on face and around eyes.
*Results may vary. Product contains essential oils. If pregnant, consult your physician before use.