Here’s what you need:
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 - 3 cups mini marshmallows
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a casserole dish and set aside.
Peel and cube the sweet potatoes and place them in a large pot or water, boil until tender.
Drain the potatoes and return to the pot.
Add butter, half and half, cinnamon, brown sugar and salt to the potatoes and mash until smooth.
Transfer the mashed potatoes to the prepared casserole dish. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and pecans.
Mash until thoroughly combined.
Once the topping mixture is combined, top the potatoes with half the marshmallows, then sprinkle half the streusel over the marshmallows.
Top the other half of the marshmallows and sprinkle the remaining streusel over the top.
Place back into the oven for 10-15 minutes, until the topping is bubbly and brown. Serve.