Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup carrots, small dice
- 1/4 cup onion, small dice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup cooked turkey, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 2 eggs
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup orzo
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Heat the oil in a skillet and saute the garlic, carrots and onion until the onions are translucent. Allow the vegetables to sweat and soften for approximately 5-7 minutes.
In a stock pot, pour the broth, parsley, turkey, veggie mixture and orzo together and mix well.
Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes or until the pasta is cooked through.
In a separate bowl, whisk the 2 eggs and the juice from the lemons together. Slowly temper the eggs with the warm broth, constantly whisking to ensure the eggs don’t scramble.
Once the eggs are tempered, add the egg and lemon mixture to the soup and serve.